Question about Dress Blues
Create Post

Question about Dress Blues

Hello all, now while I am a LCpl in the USMC Reserves and have only been in for the last year (went to boot June 06) I won't claim to know everything as some people do. Instead I'm asking you guys for some help and this might be a stupid question so please forgive me. I just went down to Henderson Hall in Va the other day and tried on Blues and they are being tailored for me as we speak and will be shipped when they are done. Now my question is, on Oct 20th I have a wedding for my best friends sister that I'm attending and will be wearing the Blues but do I put the ribbons and badges on them for this? Do the ribbons and badges go on automatically regardless of ocassion etc? I'm sure they go on for the Ball in Nov but I'm not sure what the regulations are as far as when you wear them for a wedding or whatever. I apoligize if this is a stupid question but if anyone can provide any help, itd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I've gone to a couple weddings in my blues. Wore ribbongs and badges. That seems to be the thing to do.

The only time Marines normally wear medals at a wedding is if they're the bridge/groom, so go for the ribbons and badges.

By the way; the ball is medals.

Ok thanks alot. I have no medals so thats no big deal haha. I see your in 29 Palms, was out there for Comm training and hated it haha. Semper Fi

Well I happen to just find a pamphlet from Boot Camp and it says Bravo Dress Blues are the Ribbons and BAdges and Alpha Dress Blues are Medals and Badges but Ribbons are placed in lieu of Medals if you have none so I suppose either way I'm wearing Badge and Ribbons since I have no medals. Thanks

Whatchu talkin' bout fool, if you went to boot in june of 06, you've got your National Defense Ribbon -- also a medal.

Anyways I'm at Pendleton now; 3rd tracks. It's the ****. Go active you'll love it.

O I didnt realize the National Defense Ribbon is also a medal. My bad. Thanks again

Haha it's all good. They didn't tell you that in bootcamp and make you buy one? They did for me, and I only went to bootcamp about 2 months before you.

Welcome to the Corps, guys.

You will wear Bravos most often. That is the only way you'll show off your shooting badge. Remember that your Blue Bravos are worn the same way as your service uniforms (Greens).

For Blue Alpha, mostly worn at the Ball, you will wear your medals on your left side and your ribbons on your right. Do NOT wear the decoration twice by wearing the medal AND the corresponding ribbon. No shooting badges on the Alpha.

My advice is....if you're rifle expert, wear the Bravo, if not, show off that medal instead. ; )

You know the question that I always get but haven't seen on this forum? How to assemble the dress blue belt/buckle. Are they coming with instructions, now?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne3000
    Ok thanks alot. I have no medals so thats no big deal haha.
    Just my two cents, Marine--I hope you go twenty years and still have only the National Defence Medal and of course the Good Conduct Medal. Most all the rest you have to go to war to get. I know you are ready, but all the same!

My 2 cents!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2

You know the question that I always get but haven't seen on this forum? How to assemble the dress blue belt/buckle. Are they coming with instructions, now?
    I was reading a six month old thread the other day where Skillets gave a pretty good explanation.

funny you should bring up the topic of the buckle. I was going thru everything and assemblying the cover etc last night and came upon the buckle. Took it out of the packaging and than sat there wondering what to do with it for 2 hrs haha. I have no idea how to put that thing together. If you could link that old post thatd be really helpful. Thanks guys for all your help, I appreciate it.

On the contrary, Davblay, nowadays after a certain period of time you rate the GWOT-S just by breathing. So 3 medals =p. (Gotta deploy for the GWOT-E). Just got mine a few days ago woohoooo now I gotta pay to get it mounted damnit lol.

Thread Information